Thursday, January 13, 2011

Creamsicle Green Smoothie

So I've made a few changes for the new year. First, our family is doing a 12 week health and fitness challenge where each week we add a new challenge. Last week was the first week and the challenge was no sugar. Along with that we exercise 30 mins/day, read scriptures, no eating after 7:30, No "soda" (or other personal challenge - for me it's chocolate). We add up the points every week and keep track of our progress. Last week was hard because I was coming off of a holiday where I ate a LOT of sweets! But surprisingly I made it the whole week without sugar. We are given 1 free day a week so you can eat a dessert once a week and not lose any points. I've really felt a lot better since I've been doing this. More energy. More patience even. It's been a really good thing.

This week I've been successful at not eating treats and the new goal for the week is to keep a food journal - keeping track of all the foods you eat every day.

So I've been trying to find new healthy recipes. I've had this one in my collection for a while, but today is the first time I tried it and wow! It's really good! It satisfies the sweet tooth without sugar and even has some healthy vitamins in it. Enjoy!!

Creamsicle Green Smoothie
Adapted from Simple, Healthy, Tasty

1 cup water
1 cup milk
3 LARGE spoonfuls of Orange juice concentrate
1 Large handful of Spinach
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups Frozen Peaches

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails